Primary Care Services
At Fox Mill Family Practice, we provide continuing and comprehensive pediatric and adult health care, including most preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic services for a wide array of acute and chronic problems. As family physicians, we are dedicated to treating the whole person. Family medicine’s cornerstone is an ongoing, personal patient-physician relationship focused on integrated care. Unlike other specialties that are limited to a particular organ, disease, age, or sex, family medicine integrates care and patient information for both genders across the full spectrum of ages within the context of the family and community. In addition, it advocates for the patient in an increasingly complex healthcare system.
With an emphasis on disease prevention and health promotion, family medicine aims to provide personal, comprehensive and continuing care of the individual throughout every stage of life. Fox Mill Family Practice is especially devoted to making each individual patient’s needs and concerns a priority.
We are working towards our certification as a Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). This innovative program to improve primary care encourages and facilitates partnerships between individual patients and personal physicians and, when appropriate, the patient’s family. FFPC is organized as a physician-led care team that provides for every patient’s health care needs and coordinates care across the healthcare system.
We care for children from birth to adolescence with services such as immunizations, well-baby and well-child exams, sports exams and treatment for asthma, ADHD, acne, and other acute and chronic illnesses.
Adolescent health encompasses an essential transition from childhood to adulthood. During this transition, adolescents establish patterns of behavior and make lifestyle choices that affect both their current and future health. It is our goal as your family medicine provider to assist with this transition by offering education, medical support, and resources. Important areas include:
- General health and nutrition: physicals, immunizations, well child exams, treatment of minor illnesses and injuries, assessment and treatment of eating disorders, and nutritional concerns
- Mental health and substance abuse: coping skills, stress management, drug and alcohol education
- Sexual health: pubertal development, sexual identity, STDs and HIV education, sexuality education, contraception, menstrual health
- Violence: bullying, psychosocial health, health, and safety issues
- Dermatologic health: acne, skin conditions, warts, eczema, burns
- ADD/ADHD: severity, prevalence, difficulty learning, understanding, or paying attention, medication, mental, and emotional well-being
At Fox Mill Family Practice we offer the entire spectrum of women’s healthcare including GYN check-ups and management of any related health issues. This may include menstrual disorders, contraception/diaphragm fitting, and menopause and breast issues. Services provided to address these areas include mammograms, pap smears, and check-ups and screenings for breast, cervical, uterine, and ovarian cancer.
We provide medical and preventive care for all age groups and encourage a healthy lifestyle and health maintenance for every patient.